Article: Chocolate Celebration
This dessert is a showstopper, celebrating the forever faves - Chocolate Cake and Caramel Custard! A fudgy and gooey intense chocolate cake is baked to perfection with a cafe latte caramel custard. With three simple steps, it's ready for the oven and then it's indulgence time!
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml condensed milk
- 300 ml milk
- 2 tbsp strong espresso (or 1 tbsp Instant Coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water)
- 100 gm sugar
- 40 gm almonds
- 75 gm plain flour
- 25 gm Cocoacraft Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 50 ml milk
- 50 gm butter
- 50 gm Cocoacraft 70% Dark Chocolate (6 squares) and stir till the chocolate melts
- Add 125 ml (1/2cup) curd
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- Mix and pour immediately over the flour mixture; stir quickly and pour over the set caramel in the cake tin.
- Pour custard mix carefully over the batter (don't worry if you see bits of batter floating)
- Place the cake tin in a larger baking dish which has about 2 inches of hot water (bain marie) and put into the pre heated oven. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, run a knife along the inside of the tin and invert onto a serving dish.
- Leave in the fridge to cool before serving.